Welcome. You've heard the word before. But what do you think when you hear it? Angry? Of course not. Sad? I would hardly think so. The word 'welcome' is warm and encouraging. It invites you in; it welcomes you. I want to 'welcome' you to this site: Paper, Pencils, and Plots. Do you roll your eyes and think, "Oh great. ANOTHER writing website that's sure to go down the drain, complete with bad language and destructive critiquing."
I hope that after this blog gets going, you won't think so. I hope that this blog will encourage you in your scribblings, help you with your writer's blocks, and provide you with fellowship from other young authors. I won't say much more, because you can read about us in the... well, 'About' section.
But please, be welcomed into our little community; know that whatever mistakes you might make in your writing, whatever problems you might have, we won't bring you down.
Thanks,
The Scribbler (head administrator)
P.S. Be sure to visit the 'FAQs' section if you have more questions.
4 comments:
HAHA this blog will be fun =]
Looking forward to seeing everybody's writings.
For those writers who have pen names, and those people who happen to know who is behind the pen name, please do not disclose it to other people. It rather defeats the purpose of a pen name. Thank you.
Thanks, Jacki Siwel. (Or may I call you Jacki...?) Everyone, please just make sure you don't let anything slip, as, like Jacki said, it defeats the purpose of a pen name.
Yes, you may use my Christian name, or my surname, or what-have-you. I don't think that full names are necessary here, although you are welcome to use them if you wish.
Post a Comment