The Silver Squire
There was a silver squire
Who was very lugubrious
His portly bovine steed
In blossomed light was elogant
For days on end they pattered
In search of tektite tingles
But then in a cacophany
The liquiscence did dwindle
The serendipit squire
Was languid in his frenzy
He twittered in the juinper
And chortled indespensibly
Seasons
A flutter of leaves
The burnt smell of autumn breeze
Hue of bright colors
Sharp and crackling ice
falling snow and sleeping mice
Coffee and hot chocolate
Colored heads of flowers
Gentle rain and misty showers
smell of fresh cut grass
Sweltering heat
Splashing water and bare feet
Ice cold lemonade
Who was very lugubrious
His portly bovine steed
In blossomed light was elogant
For days on end they pattered
In search of tektite tingles
But then in a cacophany
The liquiscence did dwindle
The serendipit squire
Was languid in his frenzy
He twittered in the juinper
And chortled indespensibly
Seasons
A flutter of leaves
The burnt smell of autumn breeze
Hue of bright colors
Sharp and crackling ice
falling snow and sleeping mice
Coffee and hot chocolate
Colored heads of flowers
Gentle rain and misty showers
smell of fresh cut grass
Sweltering heat
Splashing water and bare feet
Ice cold lemonade
4 comments:
Whoa... mental trip to fifth grade when we all had to write in all the basic forms of poetry. Didn't like Haiku at all then, and I'm still not a fan. Did you do this for fun, or for an assignment?
On "The Silver Squire":
It's a total contradiction to itself, and makes my head reel trying to understand it. Portly bovine hardly makes me think elegant (typo on your part there, by the way). So many questions... who rides a cow made of light? HOW can a cow be made of light? And what the Dickens is a tektite tingle? Of course, you probably can't answer these questions, because you said yourself you don't understand it. Ah me... it feels like Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky," of which we are both fans.
On "Seasons":
Like I said, hardly a Haiku fan. Does autumn wind really smelled burnt to you? Interesting. Other than that, not much to say from me, sorry.
So... 'The Silver Squire' left me rather confused, and my head was reeling quite fast. Can I ask you why you chose to use those interesting words?
But on the other hand, I really enjoyed the haiku! It was very abstract, which I like. I thought your descriptions of fall, winter, spring and summer were spot-on, although for the autumn one I might have used 'the *crisp* smell of autumn breeze', or something of that sort :)
Your comments make me happy. :) That is exactly the feeling I wanted you to get from them. (Yes, the Silver Squire is supposed to be like Jabberwocky. I didn't write it to be understood.)I did both of these for a poetry camp I was in a few summers ago. In the camp the teacher had us talk about random words we liked and then write a poem about them. Hence the Silver Squire's not making any sense. As I said before, you will probably never see me write these forms of poetry again.
(The picture with the Silver Squire was supposed to give you some idea of what it could mean [I don't say "of what it's supposed to mean" because it's not supposed to mean anything]) :)
Yeah, it was confusing but still it felt very playful.
Post a Comment